Thursday 18 February 2010

Invading Phase I mini





A long time ago, I wrote a version of Galaxians in C++ and DirectDraw. I was pleased with it at the time, but looking back, the gameplay wasn't brilliant. Later I revisited the code and converted the game to Java, vastly improved the gameplay, shrank the graphics and got it working on two mobile phones. Again, I was pleased, this time it was a good game. Again, it got put in mothballs. Now I'm using silverlight I thought I would convert it to silverlight (which actually took far longer than I thought it would) and do a big version again, this time for websites. The mini-version is now complete and the big version is also very, very nearly there (just some graphics to go, due in the next few days). The mini-version is quite good in that it can fit on the sides of websites and blogs, adding more interest to the site. I've put it on mine now (as you can see on the right) and I'd be more than happy for anyone else who wants a free game on their site to link in the page with the game on.


Here's some code to do it.

<iframe
src="http://www.caesarsvault.com/CaesarsArcade/InvadingPhaseI.html"
height="176" width="120" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"
marginwidth="0" scrolling="no">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>



It's 120x160 pixels in size and it's only 88Kb so it's superfast for downloading.

Let me know if you use it, I'd be curious to know where it goes.

No comments: